I read online a woman telling about how her saline breast implants got mold and she had terrible problems. Does this happen very often?
A few years ago I put up a YouTube video of my experience with silicone gel breast implants. Now every six months to a year somebody posts a comment about how saline implants are just as dangerous. A frequent portion of that response is a statement about a moldy saline implant. My response is and always has been, if saline implants are so often affected by mold, then why have I never seen it?
I have been implanting (and at times removing) breast implants for over 15 years. You would think if something was a dangerous and common phenomenon that I would be seeing it. I haven’t. Not even once.
A saline implant when left on a table outside of your body can develop mold, but this doesn’t seem to happen inside patients. The difference is probably that when implants are properly placed inside a woman’s breasts, her immune system helps protect them from such problems. (more…)
*This blog post was originally published at Truth in Cosmetic Surgery*
Other Related Health Posts:
- The Naked Truth About Breast Implants–How They Can Affect Your Health
- It is FAR More Environmentally Friendly to Buy Online
- Going Beyond General Breast Cancer Awareness
- The Ageless Woman: Natural Health and Beauty After Forty with Maharishi Ayurveda (Paperback)
- Woman Faces Murder Charges After Newborn Son Dies From Methamphetamine Intoxication